Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

14 day intinenary 2010/8/4 00:57
Hi, i will be travelling to Japan end Aug for 2 weeks. I was wondering when i should activate the pass or i should do Tokyo first.

Here is my intinenary
Day 1-6 Osaka/Kyoto/Nara
Day 7-8 Nagoya
Day 9-11 Hakone
Day 12-14 Tokyo

Thanks in advance (:
by jessie (guest)  

......... 2010/8/4 12:41
Assume u are flying in to Kansai airport and out from Tokyo. Then yr long journey is only Nagoya to Tokyo (one way). Looks like JR Rail pass may not pay off.

U need to work out a more detail travel plan. Then check the transport charges to make a comparison between individual tickets and rail pass.
by CYC (guest) rate this post as useful

Itinerary 2010/8/4 18:27
I agree, not much use for a JR pass here if you are just doing that one leg.

Also, if I may, why in the world go to Nagoya? And Hakone can be shortened to 1 day, leaving you much more time in Tokyo or Kyoto. Saving you on transportation and accommodation as well.

Josh
by AllYouCanJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

......... 2010/8/5 02:30
I'm flying in from Narita and leaving from there actually.I've come up with a revised intinenary. I hope its a better one than the previous one!

day 1 - arrive narita, stay tokyo
day 2 - tokyo
day 3 - tokyo
day 4 - tokyo to kyoto (activate jr pass)
day 5 - kyoto
day 6-9 osaka (with day trips to Nara, Himeji)
day 10 - travel to hakone
day 11 - hakone
day 12 - hakone
day 13 - back to tokyo
day 14 - tokyo and flight at night

Also, i am abit confused about the transport even though i have read up on it.
For transportation within the cities Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Himeji themselves, do i have to get their respective passes or can i just use the JR pass which i will be getting?
Thanks in advance! (:
by jessie (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/5 10:09
you won't be needing individual city rail passes.

Himeji + Nara - Major attractions are accessible by foot. fyi himeji is under renovation works now if i'm not wrong.

kyoto - a 500Y 1-day bus pass will be good for kyoto. most sights are nearer to bus-stops than rail stations.

osaka - JR pass works on the JR loop line (in osaka) and the special rapid services from kyoto to osaka..
otherwise, get a Surutto Kansai Card (1000, 2000, 3000 and 5000 yen) prepaid card which i did on my last trip. The card is good for subway travel on all other lines except JR.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4006.html

by jp_tourist (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread