Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to go on second trip to Japan 2010/8/4 03:13
I went to Japan last November. Visited Tokyo, Kamakura, Nikko, Hakone, Kyoto, Himeji, and Nara. Loved it! I am planning my second trip, in October or November. What should I try to visit this year? My trip will be 7-9 full days in Japan. I will want to spend 2-3 days in Tokyo but the rest of the days are open for suggestions. I am interested in culture, history, architecture, food. I like nature/scenic views but I do not like hiking. Thank you for your suggestions in advance. I can not wait to come back to Japan!
by Tourist (guest)  

suggestions 2010/8/4 14:08
I've been 3 times and pretty much did what you have done, though we have spent a lot of time in Kyoto each time. We are back in December, this time doing a few days in Kyoto (again, but hey, we really like it) then a week in Takayama which also looks to be a good base for day trips, then 4 days in Kanazawa. So I suppose I'm suggesting Takayama and Kanazawa!
by Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Takayama & Kanazawa 2010/8/4 17:09
I second Pious in voting for Takayama and Kanazawa. There is lots to see in that area - Kamikochi is beautiful.

A suggestion would be:
Tokyo-Matsumoto (famous castle, lots of cheap hotels so good to stay)
Kamikochi (day trip, instead of returning to Matsumoto continue to Takayama in evening)
Takayama (spend a day or two exploring the town and surroundings)
Kanazawa (famous gardens, on the way there you could stop at Shirakawa-go).
Return to Tokyo
by Sarah (guest) rate this post as useful

Chubu region! 2010/8/4 17:19
I'm heading japan this nov/dec. it is gonna be my 2nd trip there. I'm covering part of Chubu region this time.

Here's the route i plan to take:
Tokyo - Matsumoto - Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route - Kanazawa - Kyoto - Tokyo

by jp_tourist (guest) rate this post as useful

Second Trip 2010/8/4 18:17
I would suggest you head down south a little, visit Hiroshima and Miyajima Island, then perhaps Beppu hot springs.

Josh
by AllYouCanJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

hmm 2010/8/4 23:09
i just noticed the last part of your itinerary says kyoto to tokyo and the first part you start off in tokyo
why not fly out from osaka using the same airline?
by poopoohead rate this post as useful

reply to this thread