Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Driving to Shirakawago in winter 2010/8/5 16:07
At the end of January, how long would it take to drive from Shirakawago to Matsumoto ? If we leave Shirakawago at 2pm, would it be safe to drive this route ?
From Matsumoto, how long to drive to see the snow monkeys + how much is the toll ?
From Shiga Kogen to Nagoya Centrair airport, how long on a Friday in early Feb and what's the toll ?
If we could rent a car with ETC card (as we just did in Hokkaido), would the above tolls be reduced significantly ?
Thanks.
by mthk (guest)  

... 2010/8/6 00:12
At the end of January, how long would it take to drive from Shirakawago to Matsumoto ?

Under normal weather conditions it should not take more than three hours.

If we leave Shirakawago at 2pm, would it be safe to drive this route ?

It depends on the road condition and your driving skills.

From Matsumoto, how long to drive to see the snow monkeys + how much is the toll ?

About 60-90 minutes and around 2000 yen in tolls one way.

From Shiga Kogen to Nagoya Centrair airport, how long on a Friday in early Feb and what's the toll ?

I estimate about 3.5 to 4 hours. And a toll of around 7000 yen one way.

If we could rent a car with ETC card (as we just did in Hokkaido), would the above tolls be reduced significantly ?

Yes. But it depends on the day of the week and time of travel.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks Uji 2010/8/6 02:36
Yes. But it depends on the day of the week and time of travel.

If we drove late afternoon on a Friday so as to arrive in Centrair airport say 7pm, how much cheaper would the toll be with an ETC card ?

Oh yes, how long to drive from Centrair airport to Shirakawago on a Sunday in late January and how much is the toll ? I have an old Road Atlas Japan which shows the expressway going only as far as Takayama but I have a feeling it now goes all the way to Shirakawago ?
by mthk (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/6 23:02
f we drove late afternoon on a Friday so as to arrive in Centrair airport say 7pm, how much cheaper would the toll be with an ETC card ?

I think it would be discounted by around 10 percent.

Oh yes, how long to drive from Centrair airport to Shirakawago on a Sunday in late January and how much is the toll ?

About 3 hours and around 5500 yen in toll. With an ETC card, it would probably cost just around 1000 yen due to the weekend discount.

I have an old Road Atlas Japan which shows the expressway going only as far as Takayama but I have a feeling it now goes all the way to Shirakawago ?

Yes, now it goes all the way to Shirakawago.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks, Uji 2010/8/7 01:59
by mthk (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread