Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

alpine route 2010/8/9 19:58
my wife and I plan to do alpine route on tues 2 nov starting from Kanazwawa ( we are at Kanazawa on 31 oct and 1 nov )and want to be in Nagoya hotel that night and travel to Hakone early wed 3 nov.what is best way to forward luggage ,
from Kanazawa hotel direct to Nagoya or from Toyama to shinano omachi but we need to have at shinano by 15.00 what is the best way . many thanks
by rebel123  

Alpine Route 2010/8/10 13:05
It is better to use the nationwise takkyubin overnight service to have your luggage forwarded from Kanazawa to Nagoya.
http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/english/
The same day service on the Alpine Route only allows you to pick up after 15.00 (sometimes 16.00) at Shinano-Omachi.

Since you have to be at Shinano-Omachi by 15.00, I suggest you start as early as possible to do the Route. Your time of visit is popular autumn foliage season on the Alpine Route, so crowds are expected. Any chance of staying the night before in Toyama instead of Kanazawa for an earlier start!?

Taking the bus up from Bijodaira to Murodo, be sure to sit on the left for better scenic view of the valley below.
Consider packing a light lunch to avoid waiting in line for meal in the jam-packed restaurant in Murodo.
Dress warmly because Nov in the Alpine Route is already winter weather. Would not be surprise to see snow up there during your time of visit.

by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread