Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Farm Tomita worth visiting in winter? 2010/8/12 13:19
We'll be in Furano around Dec 20. It appears Farm Tomita is famous for lavender fields so am wondering if there's anything to see in winter. Will there be a winter village "kan kan mura"this year? We are planning to visit the Cheese Factory, Wine Factory, Ningle Terrace & hot air ballooning while spending 1D1N there on route from Asahikawa towards Noboribetsu. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
by cocomilk  

... 2010/8/13 15:17
I went there in winter when there was no special event going on. It was all snow covered and there was not much to see. One of the shops was open, though.

If you have a car and pass there anyway (for example on you way from Furano to Biei), I would consider stopping by, but I don't think it is worth a trip on its own. That is unless there is some special event you would like to see or you really want to purchase some of the farm's lavender products. But I am not familiar with events held there in winter.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Farmo Tomita 2010/8/13 15:48
Thanks Uji. We'll spend a more relxed day in Furano then but I think we will probably pass by when we drive towards Noboribetsu so may stop by farm to buy lavender products as you suggested.
by cocomilk rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/15 18:02
I think we will probably pass by when we drive towards Noboribetsu

The farm is not along the way between Furano and Noboribetsu.

Farm Tomita in winter 2010/8/16 19:21
Oh! Thanks.
by cocomilk rate this post as useful

Furano - End of Oct 2010/8/22 00:11
I am planning to travel to north Honshu sometime 24Oct. Will I still have a chance to view the Lavender and what is the recommended train to take to Furano.
Will it be a good experiance to stay overnite in Furano?
by Esther Loo (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/22 08:48
I am planning to travel to north Honshu sometime 24Oct. Will I still have a chance to view the Lavender

The outdoor lavender will be long gone. But inside the small greenhouse there might be some blooming lavender. Or not.

and what is the recommended train to take to Furano.

It is explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6826.html

Will it be a good experiance to stay overnite in Furano?

Yes. You could stay at a pension, which can be very nice:
http://furano-kankou.com/english/hyperlinks/accommodation-pensions.htm

reply to this thread