Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto-Kawaguchiko-Hakone-Tokyo 2010/8/13 19:55
Hi,

I'm planing to visit Mt. Fuji by leaving Kyoto by route Kyoto-Mishima-Kawaguchigo-Hakone-Tokyo.

I'm planning to stay 2 nights at Kawaguchigo and leave Kawaguchigo to Toyko on the 3rd day. Will it be cost effective on transportion if I buy
1) Fuji Hanshu Free Pass (2 days-3,000Y) which will cover route Mishima-Kawaguchigo where I will spend time around Kawaguchigo area on the day arrive and then to Gotemba on the 2nd day
2) Hakone Free Pass (2 days-3,900Y)which will cover our day trip at Hakone and way back from Hakone/Gotemba to Tokyo
3) Bus from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba on the 3rd day then use the Hakone Free Pass to Tokyo

Thanks
by Nid (guest)  

... 2010/8/15 17:55
I recommend to travel the following, more efficient order (hakone before Kawaguchiko):

Kyoto - (shinkansen) - Mishima or Odawara - (Hakone Free Pass) - Gotemba - (bus) - Kawaguchiko - (bus) - Tokyo
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kyoto-Kawaguchiko-Hakone-Tokyo 2010/8/18 01:41
Thanks. With your recommendation, can we stay overnight at Kawaguchiko 2 nights. Also, if we buy Hakone free pass, we should buy bus ride ticket from Hakone to Kawaguchiko to reach our accommodation during our trip at Mt. Fuji and Hakone, right?

Thanks for your help.

Nid
by Nid (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/18 07:46
With your recommendation, can we stay overnight at Kawaguchiko 2 nights.

Yes, but then I recommend to stay an additional night in Hakone, otherwise you would have only very little time in Hakone or would have to visit Hakone in a side trip from Kawaguchiko, which is very time consuming.

The best solution would be to spend one day each in Hakone and Kawaguchiko.

Also, if we buy Hakone free pass, we should buy bus ride ticket from Hakone to Kawaguchiko to reach our accommodation during our trip at Mt. Fuji and Hakone, right?

The Hakone Free Pass is valid as far as Gotemba, which is located between Hakone and Kawaguchiko. So, you would have to pay the regular fare from Gotemba. Here is a map:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html?aFROM=5200_6900
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kyoto-Kawaguchiko-Hakone-Tokyo 2010/8/19 15:32
Thank you very much :)
by Nid (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread