Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary Help 2010/8/16 07:22
Hello everyone.
I am planning a trip to Japan in October, we have planned out the majority of our trip and need help deciding where our last stop should be. We will have the JR Rail Pass from Oct 10 - 17.

Heres our itinerary:

Sept 29 - Oct 4: Tokyo
Oct 4 - Oct 7: Ishigaki
Oct 7 - Oct 9: Osaka
Oct 9: Kobe
Oct 10 - 12: Kyoto
Oct 12 - 13: Hiroshima, Miyajima
Oct 13 - 14: ????
Oct 14 - 17: Tokyo, leave Japan on the 17th

We are having trouble deciding what to do for Oct 13th, we would like to arrive there in the morning and stay overnight.

Currently we are thinking of Lake Biwa, Nikko, or maybe staying overnight at Shirakawa-go.

Does anyone have input on these choices or even any other places we should take a look at? Also, any suggestions on the itinerary would be appreciated =)

Thanks!
by Antonc  

... 2010/8/16 07:36
There are so many possibilities. I recommend you look through the following sightseeing guide which has details and user ratings for many sights between Hiroshima and Tokyo and decide depending on personal interest:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623a.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

been to lake Biwa... 2010/8/16 08:03
yes, I stayed at Otsu for about 5 nights. It is very pretty and the hotels are very reasonable compared to Kyoto which is 10 minutes away by train (we stayed at the grand prince, beautiful hotel on the lake, probably 2/3 cost of similar in Kyoto). Not so much to do within walking distance of anything, though, but good for relaxing. Based on what you have, I'd suggest staying at Nara. Even though you can pretty much see everything major in one big day, it is a lovely green place, I could stay there a few weeks and not get tired of it. It's also pretty easy to get to from Hiroshima, just take the shinkansen back to Kyoto, then the train to Nara (I did that trip).
by Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

October 13 2010/8/17 04:37
Move the Hiroshima/Miyajima to the 13th, before going back to Tokyo. Then you can do another side trip from Kyoto to Nara or the many other attractions nearby.

Josh
by AllYouCanJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread