Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Scaffolding on Wako, Sensoji 2010/8/17 18:02
I looked on Google Maps and there is scaffolding on the Wako Bldg in Ginza. Is it still there?

I've also read the temple in Asakusa has scaffolding as well.

Will these still be on in early November?
by Michael (guest)  

construction 2010/8/17 18:29
It looks like construction work on Sensoji should be finishing up in November 2010 so you may just catch it. I'm not sure about the Wako Building however. Check out this page for info on construction at major tourist sites:

http://www.japan-guide.com/event/construction.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Alternative temples 2010/8/18 00:39
I wouldn't worry too much about the scaffolding on Senso-ji - there are plenty of other (and nicer) temples in the Tokyo area - Senso-ji is just the biggest actually in Tokyo itself.

If you want to see a really nice photogenic temple, check out Narita-san - in the town of Narita right next to Narita airport (one stop on a local train).
by Komaba rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/18 07:55
The other day when I was at Sensoji, they started to took off the scaffolding and a brand new looking main hall was appearing. I am not sure how long it takes to be completed. In any case, the visit to Sensoji is not very much affected by the construction work as there is a lot to see besides the main hall.

As for the Wako building, I did not see any scaffolding when I was there last time in June. I think the works were completed over a year ago, but I am not entirely sure.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread