Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku to Ubako and Gotemba to Ubako 2010/8/18 12:09
I will be staying in Hotel Green Plaza coming Oct 2010 trip which nearest bus stop is Ubako bus stop.
My question is i am planning to take the Odakyu Highway Bus from Shinjuku to Togendai and sit the ropeway down to Ubako ropeway station to rush for my check-in. Can anyone advise me the english version of timetable and map/route/transit time of the Odakyu highway bus? How long to walk from Ubako station to my hotel?

Another question is i intend to plan to go to Gotemba Premium Outlets, as i know that again the Odakyu highway bus from Togendai bus stop goes up to Gotemba, is there any timetable guide from Togendai station? How long does it take to get to Gotemba station?
Which section of the Gotemba station can i take the free shuttle service to Gotemba Premium Outlets?

What is the actual operating hours of the Odakyu highway bus and the ropeway station?
I saw in some guide it closes later than the official website of the ropeway station?
If i manage to reach Togendai station, and yet the ropeway transport is closed, how to i get to Ubako station? Any means of other transport like local bus whatsoever?

I appreciate if anyone can reply.
by g2dragon  

... 2010/8/18 13:21
English guide on Odakyu Hakone Highway Bus:
http://www.odakyu-hakonehighway.co.jp/pdf/english.pdf

The ropeway stops by 17:15 during March - July and Sept. - Nov. From Ubako ropeway station, it's only a minute's walk to Hotel Green Plaza Hakone. I've stayed at that place, a very nice hotel :)

There is Izu Hakone bus that stops at Ubako bus stop (along the road to Togendai), from where the hotel is 5 minutes' walk, but I have not used this. Or you might have to take a taxi from Togendai.

I don't quite get your itinerary, so you are not making the leisurely trip from Hakone-yumoto, through Gora, taking the ropeway to Owakudani, etc., then the ropeway to Ubako, but just coming to stay at the hotel?
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread