Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel Nearest to Fukuoka Airport 2010/8/20 21:08
My friends and I will be visiting Fukuoka for the first time in early September. We like on our last night there to stay in a hotel that is nearest to the Fukuoka International Airport. It will be good if the hotel has transfer arrangements for its guests to the airport.
Any recommendations? Thank you.

by Ida (guest)  

... 2010/8/21 11:50
I don't think there is a hotel near Fukuoka Airport. But fortunately the airport is just a 5 minute subway ride from Hakata Station and a 10 minute ride to Tenjin, Fukuoka's city centers, where you have a very wide range of hotels, including business hotel chains.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Taxi 2010/8/21 12:18
Even direct Airport Limobus service to/from a hotel is not available between the airport and downtown, because they are too close each other for limobus to beat normal taxi service.
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you for replies 2010/8/21 16:35
Thank you for the replies.
Since this will be my first visit to Fukuoka, is it easy to get arrangements for taxis to the airport for morning flights (10am) and I hope to avoid the morning hours rush.
I understand that it is costly to get a taxi in Fukuoka. I will be staying around Tenjin or Hakata area and how much will it cost me roughly?
Thank you once again.

Ida
by Ida (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/21 17:11
I understand that it is costly to get a taxi in Fukuoka. I will be staying around Tenjin or Hakata area and how much will it cost me roughly?

Roughly 1000 to 1500 yen from Hakata or 1700 to 2000 yen from Tenjin.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/21 22:49
1. To minimize cost and time by taxi, you should find a hotel at the East side of Hakata station.

2. A taxi will be waiting at the entrance of the hotel if you stay at a upper-middle hotel. If not, you can catch one at the upper-middle hotel's entrance or East side of Hakata station.

3. You should tell the drive to go to the "International Terminal" of "Hakata Airport", because domestic & international terminals are geographically apart and connected with free shuttle bus.

http://www.fuk-ab.co.jp/english/access/access.html
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread