Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyushu 2 mai kippu 2010/8/20 22:53
Hi,
We are from overseas. There is a discounted ticket called "kyushu 2 mai kippu" from Hakata to Kokura.

Here's the website:
http://www.jrkyushu.co.jp/english/2mai4mai.html

Can anyone tell me how this works?
1) The route for Hakata to Kokura shown is for Limited Express without seat reservation. How much extra do we need to pay for a seat reservation?

2) Can this 2 mai kippu be used on the JR Kagoshima line as well?

3) The 2 mai kippu sells for Y2,600 @ Y1,300 per ticket. Does this mean that Y1,300 allows one person to do a RETURN trip? SO Y2,600 enables my husband & I to do a return trip each?

4) We are actually going from Hakata to Orio but its on the same route and same trains heading for Kokura. Can we use this 2 mai kippu?

Appreciate if anyone can help us.
Thanks.
by eileen (guest)  

... 2010/8/21 11:46
Can anyone tell me how this works?

You buy it at the vending machine or ticket counter and can then use it on any limited express train between Hakata and Kokura. With some types of 2-mai kippu it is optionally possible to make seat reservations.

How much extra do we need to pay for a seat reservation?

300 or 500 yen per person depending on whether it is low season or not.

Can this 2 mai kippu be used on the JR Kagoshima line as well?

Hakata to Kokura IS part of the Kagoshima Line!

The 2-mai and 4-mai kippu are also available for various other routes, e.g. Hakata-Kumamoto or Hakata-Kagoshima or Hakata-Nagasaki and many more routes.

The 2 mai kippu sells for Y2,600 @ Y1,300 per ticket. Does this mean that Y1,300 allows one person to do a RETURN trip?

No! One ticket is good only for a one way trip.

SO Y2,600 enables my husband & I to do a return trip each?

No. Just one person can make a round trip.

Each ticket in the set can be used for a one way trip in either direction. And it can be used by the same person or by different persons.

Note that that there is a 4-mai kippu for Hakata-Kokura for 4800 yen. With that the two of you can make a round trip together.

We are actually going from Hakata to Orio but its on the same route and same trains heading for Kokura. Can we use this 2 mai kippu?

I don't think there is a 2-mai kippu for Hakata-Orio. But if you are so concerned about cost, I strongly recommend to take a local train between Hakata and Orio. It takes only 45 minutes (only 15 minutes more than limited express trains) and costs only 910 yen one way.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks Uji 2010/8/21 16:56
Okay, appreciated the help with my enquiry Uji.
Take care.
by eileen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread