Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gora (Hyatt) to Gotemba Premium Outlet 2010/9/9 19:46
Hi. We will be staying at the Hyatt in Gora in December.

We'd love to go to the Gotemba Premium Outlet while we are there, but it looks very confusing and time consuming to get to.

Can anyone point me to a timetable or map of the free shuttle that departs from Gora Station?

We are also thinking that we could go to Gotemba on our last day in Hakone, and go from there to Kyoto. The train connections look complicated though.

Can anyone advise the quickest way to get from Gora to Kyoto? Is it best to go back to Odawara to get there, or to Mishima via the bus from Moto-Hakone, or from Gotemba area?
by tequilatamm  

... 2010/9/10 12:08
We'd love to go to the Gotemba Premium Outlet while we are there, but it looks very confusing and time consuming to get to.

It is neither difficult nor time consuming thanks to direct buses between Gora and the outlets. The one way trip takes about 45 minutes and the departure times are listed below:
http://www.hakone-tozanbus.co.jp/pdf/13505-003001.pdf

We are also thinking that we could go to Gotemba on our last day in Hakone, and go from there to Kyoto. The train connections look complicated though.

Yes, I recommend against travel via Gotemba. Travel via Odawara is much easier. Just take the train from Gora to Odawara, and then the shinkansen to Kyoto:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html?aFROM=2158_5200
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/10 12:22
Thanks for the info, Uji.

The timetable you put a link to seems to be only from ShissenKaemae to Gotemba, and does not take into account the journey from Gora to Shissenkaemae.

The schedules I looked at previously seemed to indicate it was a total 70 minute journey, when you take into account both legs of the journey.
by tequilatamm rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/10 12:26
No, the departure times in the column titled "GOTEMBA Premium Outlets" are for buses from Gora Station to the outlets. And travel time from Gora to the outlet is given by the offical website as 44 minutes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Ask the hotel 2010/9/15 15:09
Ooohh.. I travel from Gora to Gotemba premium outlet by bus last May. We stayed somewhere near Kamigora ( about two/three cable stations away from Gora station). Check with your hotel if the bus also stop anywhere nearby the hotel. It save us a bit of travelling time as we just waited for the bus at a smaller bus stop rather than going to the main bus stop.
by mk88 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread