Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sounkyo hotel location to festival 2010/9/13 15:49
Hello again,
I am looking for a reasonably priced accommodation (any type) that is in good location to the evening winter festival and Sunday night fireworks in Sounkyo Onsen.
I can find a few hotels and ryokans but none of them reference their positions in regards to the festival or transport if needed to get there from the hotle.
Because it is National park area I dont want to choose one thats for example at the top of a hill away from the action as we wont have a car.
thanks for any and all advise on this festival - we will be only staying one night arriving from Abashiri and leaving the next day for Asahikawa.
Gayle
by Gayle (guest)  

I thought that festival was.. 2010/9/22 00:02
Check this out

http://www.sounkyo.net/english/index.html

Anyway my wife is beta knowledge on Hokkaido than I do so I'll ask ...

by UTEnITsME rate this post as useful

Sounkyo Accomm. 2010/9/28 19:04
Sounkyo is rather small and everything is within walking distance. The Youth Hostel is the cheapest option but some of the other hotels have great winter deals. The only problem is that staff generally don't speak English so if the website is in Japanese it is difficult to know what the specials are. Hotel Choyotei, Hotel Taisetsu and the Youth Hostel are all up on the hill from town but even from there it is only a 5 to 10 min walk down to the action. All the other hotels and guest houses are closer. There is an excellent public onsen if the hotel you choose doesn't have one. Enjoy your stay!
by Sounkyo Rob (guest) rate this post as useful

yukara pension 2010/9/28 19:31
Well this summer i stayed at Yukara pension at Sounkyo and i had a pleasant time, for ur reference.

http://www.aco.co.jp/yukara/
by lacan (guest) rate this post as useful

thank you 2010/9/28 19:51
Thanks for the replies, Ill keep working thru the list now that I know everything is relatively close.
Sorry I cant see the name of the place the last guest poster said he stayed at (because the postings dont show now Im answering)
But just to let you know - I had seen that place previously and thought it lovely but when I translated their page I think it reads that it is closed in winter. shame.
thanks again
Gayle
by Gazle (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread