Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying JR tickets in advance 2010/9/14 22:59
There are certain big travel days that I have checked Hyperdia for the time most suitabable for us to travel, for example, our hotel check out might be at 10 and we want to begin our trip somewhere on the 10:50 shinakansen. Can I buy all such train tickets in advance using my JR Pass? How many days in advance can tickets be purchased?
by Tess C (guest)  

. 2010/9/15 11:28
Your JR Rail Pass is your ticket, you do not need to buy any additional tickets (unless you are using non JR lines or subway). The only other thing you might want is reserved seats. These are free with the JR Rail Pass and, if you know which trains you wish to travel on, you can reserve these when you exchange your JR Rail Pass voucher for the pass.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/9/15 14:02
Your JR Pass is your ticket. If you mean you want a seat reservation, seat reservations can be made one month a head of time to a few moments before the train leaves.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread