Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What will be my arrival date? 2010/9/15 05:09
Apologies in advance for this being a really stupid question!
I'm leaving Europe on Oct 22nd, then leaving Dubai at three o'clock in the morning of the next day (Dubai time) and arriving in Tokyo at around six in the evening (Tokyo time).
I need to book hotels, but I'm not sure if for the first night I need October 23rd?
Could some good soul advise me on which date I arrive in Tokyo?
I'm so looking forward to this trip - and I'm trusting this wonderful site, and the forum - witout it I'd be doing a package tour for certain.
by Jeannieg (guest)  

. 2010/9/15 11:23
Unles you plan on sleeping under the stars, you will need your first night in a hotel to be the 23rd.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/9/15 14:33
Have you looked at your (e)ticket?
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

That makes it clear! 2010/9/16 07:54
Thanks so much! Loook at my ticket? You think I've bought one yet!! I'm the last minuter par excellence, but I was getting fazed by 16h+1day, and the only thing I follow is the Nikkei index so I have a notion that days of the week aren't quite in sync, and there is the intenational date line to take into consideration and all that stuff.
But good to have confirmation that I will indeed arrive on the 23rd - though advice about where I might sleep under the stars could be enticing!
by Jeannieg (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/16 08:00
...follow is the Nikkei index so I have a notion that days of the week aren't quite in sync, and there is the international date line to take into consideration

The days of week are the same here, and from Europe through Dubai to Tokyo does not cross the international date line! It's just many many hours on the aircraft... you might want to consider other airlines (that fly north rather than south) for shorter hours.
by AK rate this post as useful

Shorter hours 2010/9/16 08:12
Yup - my first instinct was to go for a 12 hour direct flight - but then I was not impressed by arriving Tokyo 6am, so I was impressed by the Emirates offer (with a vaguely ghastly stopover in Dubai) but IMO that's going to be more gentle on my biological clock.

I'll report back once I have done the flight (my first ever long haul)
by Jeannieg (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread