Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

trail kiso 2010/9/16 16:13
Hello,
I want walk in kiso valley ,
But i am alone and I want know if i can
meet people on this trail ...
Because I know the security of japon no pb
But i have a pb ( fall on the ground,lose my way ...) Can i meet a person who can help me .
I walk on 27th October
Thanks for your experience
by bernie123 (guest)  

... 2010/9/16 17:50
But i am alone and I want know if i can
meet people on this trail ...

It depends on the day. On busy days, there will be many other walkers. On weekdays in the off-season you might not see a single other walker.

October 27 is a regular weekday, so I think it will not be busy. I think you will not see many other walkers. But don't worry about injuries. It is a very easy trail. The risk of getting injured is very low. And even if you get injured, the trail is never too far away from a house.
by Uji rate this post as useful

walking alone from Magome to Tsumago 2010/9/17 04:19
I did the walk on my own last April - there were not too many people on the trail - I passed a few here and there. I would not worry about it - just be careful - I wouldn't do it in the rain though....as it can be a bit slippery on the rocky pathways. Also even though it was only 8 kilometres or so, it took me much longer than I expected - well over three hours, maybe four....
And I am a woman who is at the far end of middle-aged.....
It was one of my great Japanese experiences!
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

But 2010/9/17 04:24
But which trail are we talking about here? The Torii Toge, from Magome to Tsumago? Wha?
by koniero rate this post as useful

Thanks for your answer 2010/9/17 14:48
Hello thanks for your answer

it's the trail between tsumago and magone,
I am also very old , but i can walk 8 kms
and if the weather bad , i have a plan B

I take bus at 8h nagiso .
I begin to walk (one hour ) and if it's not easy for me , or if rains,
or if i am tired , I come back to tsumago and take bus at 10h27 to magome .

I think walk 4h or more with stops
by bernier123 (guest) rate this post as useful

easier from Magome to Tsumago 2010/9/18 00:52
I don't have the bus schedules in front of me but supposedly the walk from Magome to Tsumago is easier than vice versa because of the hills. Can you do it that way?
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

. 2010/9/18 07:48
...definitely easier that way. The shorter walk from Nagiso could be more suitable though and stay at Tsumago or bus/taxi to Magome
by Connie Chiwa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread