Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hyperdia Timetables 2010/9/17 05:39
Hello,
This forum has been so helpful. Thank you all. I am traveling in early November and am starting to look at train timetables. My question is, do the train schedules change from month to month? For example, will the train schedule in October be the same for November? If not is there any way to find November's schedule in advance?

Also, I thought all connections past Shin-Osaka required a transfer at Shin Osaka. By looking at the schedule, I see that there are connections beyond Shin -Osaka. Am I looking to deep into this?

Thank you once again,

Rob
by Robert (guest)  

... 2010/9/17 09:07
My question is, do the train schedules change from month to month?

There are usually timetable changes 1-4 times per year, and most of them are minor. Once in a while, there are major changes, such as the extension of the Tohoku Shinkansen in December 2010 and the completion of the Kyushu Shinkansen in March 2011.

For example, will the train schedule in October be the same for November?

Yes, it is virtually the same. Except a small number of temporary train services that operate only on selected dates. But they are small in number.

In other words: it is pretty save to just use the current timetables for looking up November timetables. Because on some lines there are differences between weekday and weekend timetables, I just recommend to use the look up schedules according to the weekday traveled. Then, the risk of getting wrong results is rather low.

Also, I thought all connections past Shin-Osaka required a transfer at Shin Osaka.

There are lots of nozomi trains that do not terminate at Shin-Osaka. Furthermore, there is one hikari train per hour that (coming from Tokyo) runs beyond Shin-Osaka and as far as Okayama.
by Uji rate this post as useful

hyperdia classic 2010/9/17 15:16
I travel in november

If you take hyperdia but classic
http://www.hyperdia.com/classic_en/hyperWeb.cgi

you have the time table for november
by CUI.123 (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/18 07:52
you have the time table for november

I doubt it. You have a form to enter dates for November, but I doubt that the results are based on the updated November timetables. But again, the differences between the September and November timetables will be generally negligible.

Laptop 2010/9/18 11:26
Rob a laptop is invaluable for making plans on the go. Things can change or the weather may mean you do b today and a tomorrow instead of the other way around. I always take one and I always stay at hotels where it is free to use it. That way you can make a plan that is easily subject to change.
by RodW rate this post as useful

time table for uji 2010/9/20 01:22
for uji you say that the time table are not good in classic form

what do you think of that
i find nanki 1 from nagoya to shingu at 8 h 8

but in october no NANki one only nanki thre at 9

what can i think n nanki one in october

thanks
by cuignet (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/20 08:32
for uji you say that the time table are not good in classic form

No, I am not saying that. Please read my entire previous message once more. The timetable of the Nanki trains is not going to change.

reply to this thread