Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Hokkaido Trip 2010/9/17 12:24
Hi,

We are intending to go Hokkaido from Singapore on Mid of May. Itinary draft are below:

Day1: Arrival to Tokyo and stay two nights.
Day3: Proceed to Fukushima or Morioka by shinkansen and stay one night
Day5: Proceed to hakodate
Day9: Back to SG from Shinchitose?

We do not have intension to rent a car and do not know whether bus transportation in hakodate is easy. :(
If above itinary is ok please guide me. Thank you very much.
by FutureZone  

... 2010/9/17 12:50
Day3: Proceed to Fukushima or Morioka by shinkansen and stay one night
Day5: Proceed to hakodate

If you stay in Fukushima or Morioka one night, you would be proceeding to Hakodate on Day4, not Day5.

We do not have intension to rent a car and do not know whether bus transportation in hakodate is easy. :(

Public transportation in Hakodate is quite easy by tram and bus. It is explained below:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5355.html
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5350.html

Note that Hakodate has enough sights for one day. Maybe two at the most. But staying longer is not recommended to the average tourist. You might want to consider additional destinations, such as Sapporo or Toyako or Noboribetsu. See details on some other possible destinations:
http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1101.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/17 13:40
I have done this route before. It seems, Your trip is rather short. I would recommend that you take the train all the way to Hakodate from Tokyo. It's a long one. When I did this, Asa Ichi and a few other sites in Hakodate are worth seeing. Asa Ichi (morning market) early and take the 3 hr+ ride up to Sapporo. That way you can spend a day in Sapporo before you leave.
by Mitsuo (guest) rate this post as useful

:) 2010/9/17 14:36
Thanks uji and Mitsuo san for advice.
For Day 3,I am intending to stay one each night at Fukushima and Morioka if these places are worthy to visit. Of course my main purpose is explorer to those places that i have never been before.
As Uji mentioned and advised, hakodate is one or two day is rescheduled and will go to sapporo. Any recommendation places for sakura scenary?
From Shin-chitose can fly back to Singapore?
by FutureZone rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/18 08:04
For Day 3,I am intending to stay one each night at Fukushima and Morioka if these places are worthy to visit.

Morioka has various types of noodles to try and some mildly interesting sights, but not much. As for Fukushima City, you are the first person that I have heard who wants to visit the city for sightseeing. I am not aware of any major sightseeing attractions.

As Uji mentioned and advised, hakodate is one or two day is rescheduled and will go to sapporo. Any recommendation places for sakura scenary?

It depends on the year, but in mid May you might still be able to catch the blossoms in Sapporo. In late years maybe even in Hakodate.

From Shin-chitose can fly back to Singapore?

There seem to be no direct regular flights. But there are connecting flights via Narita. And I think there are also some direct charter flights, but they might be tied to tour packages.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2010/9/20 10:07
Thank you Uji san for your expertise advice.
:) Now I understand why no-one is inquiring about Fukushima city here. To explorer the place on the route from TKY to Hachinohe with bullet train, any City/Town that we can stop by for 1)Scenary 2)Foods/Noodle and 3)Onsen? Or we should go Nikko waterfall instead before heading to Hokkaido?
by FutureZone rate this post as useful

Morioka 2010/9/21 10:57
Yes,in Morioka u should try the cold noodle.If you have the time go Nyuto Onsen and Oirase stream/Lake Towado before to travel to Hokkaido.I have went thru the trip last Nov.SIN to Toyko,travel all the up to Aomori,Sapparo and back to Morioka.
Have a pleasant trip !

Chez
by Chez (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread