Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Direct hikari from Tokyo to Hiroshima 2010/9/18 12:23
I read that there was a hikari shinkansen from Tokyo that went as far as Okayama and stopped in Hiroshima. Can someone tell what times that train departs Tokyo thoughout the day?

I was going to pick up a shinkasen at Shinagawa for Hiroshima (change at Himeji) but now I'm not certain. Is JR Tokyo hard to get around?
by Tess C  

... 2010/9/18 17:27
I read that there was a hikari shinkansen from Tokyo that went as far as Okayama and stopped in Hiroshima.

Hiroshima is beyond Okayama!

No, there are no direct trains between Tokyo and Hiroshima anymore. One hikari per hour goes as far as Okayama, but not farther.

There is, however, one hikari train per day, which leaves Shin-Yokohama Station at 6:00 and goes all the way to Hiroshima.

Is JR Tokyo hard to get around?

No, there are lots and lots of English signs. But some platforms are far apart from each other and the station can be rather busy.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/9/19 00:14
Too bad the time is so early for the hikari from Yokohama since we will actually be leaving from Kamakura that day to go to Hiroshima. We want to stay and see a few more things while in Kamakura. Guess it's back to plan A.

by Tess C rate this post as useful

Changing is easy 2010/9/19 16:06
Changing trains is no big deal. You get 19' at Shinosaka to change trains. Absolutely easy. Or you get a bit longer at Okayama and can go browswe the food vendors.
by RodW rate this post as useful

reply to this thread