Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Boat trip from asakusa to odaiba 2010/9/20 02:00
Hi, I have checked through the forum and gotten the website for the boat trip. However, even after clicking your link for the english website, i am still a bit slow and am unable to figure out the timings. I seem to get the idea that the boat leaves asakusa for odaiba on weekday afternoons at 120pm and 320pm. Is that correct? If not, may i know what are the afternoon boat departure timings from asakusa?

Also, I noticed from many forum questions as well as from the website that seats on the himiko (direct boat trip between asakusa and odaiba) is very limited. I was trying to find if they allow reservations and from somewhere on the website (after trying to use the google translation service), i came across that reservations can be made on the actual day at 1010, 1210 and 1415. Is that translation correct? If yes, how does that work? If not, is there any way of reserving tickets for a particular boat trip? Example, if i reach asakusa in the morning, can i reserve a seat on the afternoon boat trip then go for my sightseeing before coming back?

Lastly, the website has also mentioned that on the second tues of the month, the himiko service is stopped for servicing to take place. We originally scheduled to take the boat ride on 7th dec. It is considered the first tuesday of the month, though it falls on the 2nd week of december. Any idea if the company classifies this as 1st/2nd tues?

So sorry for the many questions asked. Appreciate any form of help. By the way, this forum has been wonderful. I found answers for the ten thousand questions i had when i first started planning the trip.
by christie (guest)  

... 2010/9/20 08:47
I seem to get the idea that the boat leaves asakusa for odaiba on weekday afternoons at 120pm and 320pm. Is that correct?

There are departures at 10:10, 13:20, 15:20 and 17:20, but the 17:20 departure only operates if there is enough demand (decision will be made by around 4pm on the previous day).

the website has also mentioned that on the second tues of the month, the himiko service is stopped for servicing to take place. We originally scheduled to take the boat ride on 7th dec. It is considered the first tuesday of the month, though it falls on the 2nd week of december. Any idea if the company classifies this as 1st/2nd tues?

December 7th is considered the first Tuesday. So, the boats should be operating.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/20 14:53
Thanks for the prompt answer. Is it possible to reserve the seats before we arrive in japan? Or do we have to be at the boat stop to buy the tickets first? If so, do they allow purchase few hrs before the boat departs? Trying to secure the tickets in case there is huge demand on that day.
by christie (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/22 08:06
Is it possible to reserve the seats before we arrive in japan?

No, I don't think so.

Or do we have to be at the boat stop to buy the tickets first?

I think so.

If so, do they allow purchase few hrs before the boat departs?

Yes. From 9:30 at Asakusa dn Hinode Pier. From 10:30 at Odaiba and Toyosu.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/22 13:18
Thanks so much for ur answer. Really appreciate it. :)
by christie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread