Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 week itinerary: Where to stay? 2010/9/20 21:05
My boyfriend and I are both first time travellers to Japan. We have organised a 7 week Asia trip in Dec. We will be starting in Japan where we are going to be spending 3 weeks (6 Dec - 27 Dec).

So far I have booked accommodation in Tokyo for the first and last 4 days (8 days). We were thinking it was a good idea to base ourselves in Tokyo and make day trips to various places.

I was thinking that we would spend 10 days in Kyoto and make day trips to various places, such as Osaka, Narra etc. I was then planning on staying in Hiroshima for 2 nights before heading back to Tokyo.

Is it a wise idea to make Kyoto a base? Are there other places that are worthwhile spending a night or 2 in. Also is there enough to do in and around Hiroshima for 3 days? There are so many places to go to and see in Japan that I find myself becoming quite overwhelmed! Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

We will be getting a 21 day JR railway pass so travel cost is not an issue.
by steph120789  

ok 2010/9/21 12:16
Your plan looks ok especially for slow-pace travellers.

This is an example of what you can do for 21days in Japan.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_tokyo_19.html
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread