Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Final touch up on an itinenary 2010/9/22 05:34
Hi again!

Just doing some final touch up on my itinenary... heres a few quick questions..

- NARA : is 1 complete day too much? during my 5 days into Kyoto/Nara/Osaka ... I have plan an entire day there.. is it too much, or half a day would be ok and spend the rest somewhere else?

- On my way back from Kyoto to Tokyo... I'm stopping in Hakone for 1 night at a Ryokan. The following day at check-out (around 11:00AM) I don't have much to do other than take the train back to Tokyo. I just found out about the Hakone loop. Is this really worth it? and also would I have time to do it from let's say 11AM to 17:00PM.. then take the train to Tokyo?

- I still have 2 days to spare at the end of my trip. I'll be in Tokyo... are there any day trips to visit some tea/fields/how they make tea nearby tokyo?

- I'll be there for 17 days... I'm covering a lot in those days (Tokyo/Kamakura/Yokohama/Osaka/Nara/Kyoto
Kobe/Hiroshima/Miyajima/Hakone ... still have 1 day extra to visit from Tokyo.. where would you recommend I go?

Thanks for your help
by Daniel Atc  

tea 2010/9/22 10:46
Shizuoka Prefecture is a major tea production region in Japan. If you can spare time on your way to Hakone from Kyoto, you can go there to visit a tea farm. You can watch tea-picking at the Makinohara Tea Plantation during spring time.
http://www.ochanosato.com/

You can even get some hand-on experience in tea-picking in the following farm but it is only available from late Apr to early Oct. http://grinpia.com/
by William5 rate this post as useful

Hakone loop 2010/9/23 18:09
Where can I get info on the Hakone loop?

Do I have enough time to do it from 11AM to 5-6PM? before coming back to Tokyo?

How about NARA? 1 complete day too much?

Thanks again

by Daniel Atc rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/23 18:40
Where can I get info on the Hakone loop?

Here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5210.html

Do I have enough time to do it from 11AM to 5-6PM? before coming back to Tokyo?

If you start from Hakone-Yumoto at 11am, it should be possible.

How about NARA? 1 complete day too much?

No, it is certainly not too much. Nara can keep you busy for more than two days. The highlights can be packed into one day. For a superficial visit of just the main sights around Nara Park, half a day can be enough:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2165.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hakone loop 2010/9/23 18:53
Thanks Uji

About the Hakone loop.. sounds very interesting. I'm staying at the Hakone Ginyu wich seems to be near Miyanishita correct? (I'm trying to locate it on a map to see where I can start from)

I assume you can start the loop from any point and finish wherever you feel like it?

That last part back from the lake.. is it possible to cut thru by bus and go directely to Miyanishita or I have to go back to Hakone-Yumoto

Thanks for your help
by Daniel Atc rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/23 19:18
I'm staying at the Hakone Ginyu wich seems to be near Miyanishita correct?

Yes, congratulations! It is one of the most exquisite ryokan in Hakone. Very close to Miyanoshita Station.

I assume you can start the loop from any point and finish wherever you feel like it?

Yes. But you naturally would want to optimize it with regards to your point of entry to and exit from Hakone and the location of your ryokan.

That last part back from the lake.. is it possible to cut thru by bus and go directely to Miyanishita or I have to go back to Hakone-Yumoto

The bus between Moto-Hakone and Yumoto passes by Miyanoshita and your ryokan. Also for the full enjoyment of your wonderful ryokan, I recommend to check in around 5pm at the very latest. I personally would check in by 4pm which gives you enough time to enjoy the baths and room before dinner which is typically served around 6-7pm.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread