Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR lines in Tokyo 2010/9/27 13:24
i'll be staying around shinjuku station and planning to get the JR PASS, if i would like to go to shibuya, harajuku, asakusa,tokyo, and disneyland stations, which line would i need to use and will the JR PASS cover the charges?

thank u so much in advance!!
by janny (guest)  

Hope there's more 2010/9/27 13:51
A JR pass would be apalling value unless you have significantly more than that in mind. It will get you to all of the places mentioned except Asakusa. It may not be the most convenient at times ( when in Tokyo ) and needs to be purchased in consideration of the overall trip.
http://www.hyperdia.com/classic_en/hyperWeb.cgi
will tell you what trains to use.
by RodW rate this post as useful

JR pass not needed 2010/9/27 14:20
I agree, the 7-day JR pass would be a horrible waste of money if you plan to stay only in and around Tokyo- it is meant for people to be able to travel throughout Japan, and it is quite a bargain in that case. If you stay in Tokyo the whole time, you would have to try hard to even spend 20% of the cost of a JR pass on train fares.

A Suica or Pasmo is by far the better option unless you plan to travel to other areas of Japan.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

thank you!! 2010/9/27 14:47
thank u for ur useful answers!!!!
i will be using the JR PASS in osaka as well esp. the shinkansen but im jus trying to find out if the places i am going visit the JR pass will cover it...trying to see if it worth it or not

thank u again for ur answers!!
by janny (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/27 19:33
The simplest guide is: a 7-day JR Pass pays off if you are making a Tokyo - Kyoto/Osaka "return trip" within a 7-day period. If you are going only one way from Tokyo to Osaka, it does not pay off.

Within Tokyo, JR covers (from Shinjuku): Shibuya, yes, Harajuku, yes, Tokyo station, yes, as far as Maihama station (to Disneyland), yes.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/27 22:58
thanks again!!! im starting to see that its not that worth it since the shinkanshen will jus be a one way trip

thanks all!!
by janny (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread