Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo 3 day Itinerary 2010/9/27 20:09
hi guys and guys, really hoping you guys can help me plan a 3 day itinerary for Tokyo,

day one: arrive around 4, so free from 4pm

day two: morning tour booked (takes in meiji shrine, imperial palace and finishes at senjo-ji temple/asakusa) was thinking maybe head to ameryoko as its close by and then onto ueno park?

day three: possible visit Tsukiji fish market in the morning, rest of day im not sure...

any help would be great
by Beaumont  

. 2010/9/28 00:18
Where are you arriving from, and how long will your inbound flight be? That can certainly affect your plans for the first few days of your trip if you're jetlagged. Personally, I'd go to Tsukiji on day 2 unless that ends up being a Sunday in which case it will be closed. I say that because if you're jetlagged, you'll probably end up waking up extremely on that first morning naturally, and your morning tour may start later in the morning anyways.

Are you traveling anywhere else in Japan? Everything is a matter of personal preference, but if you're going to places that offer much historical "stuff" like Kyoto, then you might be better off seeing more of the attractions that are unique to Tokyo.
by Josh (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/9/28 03:23
by SG Girl (guest) rate this post as useful

cheers 2010/9/28 06:10
hi, the plan for Tsukiji fish market sounds good, will have to see what time the morning tour is when we arrive. were arriving 3pm Japan time to Narita and transfers are taken care off. We are actually going to Kyoto so your possible rite on the idea of visiting attractions unique to Tokyo.

day one (thurs): arrive around 4, so free from 4pm

day two (fri): possibly Tsukiji fish market before morning tour booked (takes in meiji shrine, imperial palace and finishes at senjo-ji temple/asakusa) was thinking maybe head to ameryoko as its close by and then onto ueno park?

day three (sat): free Tokyo

day four (sun): visiting Hakone/ Mt Fuji

day five (mon): travel to Kyoto - arrive in afternoon

day six (tues): morning tour (takes in nijo castle and Kinka-ju) so free from 1pmish

day seven (wed): free Kyoto

any help suggestions would be amazing thank you
by Beaumont rate this post as useful

Kyoto 2010/9/28 10:30
Hi! Beaumont.
I have some suggestions for you in kyoto.
I recommend that you go to the following locations

day five (mon): travel to Kyoto - arrive in afternoon
(1)Nisiki-Ichiba(Large shopping arcade)
There are many diverse food sold in Kyoto.
(2)Sijyou-kawaramachi(Very close above)
The best downtown Kyoto. You can go shopping and eat.But there are a ton of people.

day six (tues): morning tour (takes in nijo castle and Kinka-ju) so free from 1pmish
Half Day Excursions(Choose one of the following)
(3)Higashiyama area(Might be a little hard to walk)
Kiyomizu-Dera(Temple)---Nanzenn-Ji(Temple)---Heian-Jingou(Shrine)
(4)Arashiyama area(all possible walk)
Tenryu-Ji----Nonomiya-Jinjya(Shrine)---Jyoujyakukou-Ji---Ginou-Ji

day seven (wed): free Kyoto
One Day Excursions(Choose one of the following)
(5)Kurama-Yama(Mountain)(all possible walk)
Kurama-Dera----Kurama-Yama----Kibune-Jinjya
(6)Takao(Mountain)(all possible walk)
Toganou-Kozan-Ji----Takaozan-Jingo-Ji----Kiyo-Taki(Waterfall)----Hozu-Kyou(Valley)

Please ask me anything if you're interested in these plans.
By the way, are you not interested in Osaka?
You can day trip from Kyoto.

I hope you could help.
by naniwanojoe rate this post as useful

reply to this thread