Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Bi-lingual Universities 2010/9/29 10:15
HI.. I am planning to apply to Sophia University (tokyo) ... but i was just wondering what is my chance of getting in.. I am a second generation Japanese American.. and i really want to go back to discover my roots//
is there any other good universities in Tokyo i could consider.??
by naomi860  

. 2010/9/30 13:43
waseda.there are courses helded in english

temple university:is an american university in tokyo,everything helded in english

international christian university:bilingual courses

also asia university must have english courses,but i'm not sure the campus is in tokyo
by Irina (guest) rate this post as useful

APU 2010/9/30 17:12
The only one truly bi-lingual uni I know is Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU). But it's far from Tokyo, far out on the Kyushu countryside. I hear it's a good school though and there's a bunch of onsen's nearby :)
by APU (guest) rate this post as useful

Zoology courses in Japan 2010/11/10 15:07
Hey, I have a few questions about Zoology courses in Japan. I know there are a few courses offered at universities, but not in English. Are there any universities that do have zoology or wildlife biology courses, either undergraduate or postgraduate degrees, in English?
I'm not fussy about the area.

If not, what are the chances of getting a job in zoology with a Master's? I know that the fisheries area specifically is in need of help so I was wondering about specializing in that area. Any ideas?
by Mona (guest) rate this post as useful

Akita International University 2010/11/10 17:04
Akita International University
classes in English.
by west virginia (guest) rate this post as useful

Lakeland College Japan in Tokyo 2010/11/12 18:20
Lakeland College Japan in Tokyo, recommended.
by gen (guest) rate this post as useful

Hello 2010/12/6 08:06
I've been doing a little research, and these are all the ones with English curriculums:

Akita International University
Asia Pacific University
Doshisha University
International Christian University
Keio University
Kyoto University
Kyushu University
Meiji University
Nagoya University
Osaka University
Ritsumeikan University
Sophia University
Temple University in Japan
Tohoku University
University of Tokyo
University of Tsukuba
Waseda University

Not all of them have English curriculums for every school/major, but there are a school/ some majors with English curriculums. There will be more information on the universities here: http://onedayjapan.wordpress.com/
by Kira (guest) rate this post as useful

Also looking for a college in Japan... 2011/5/27 08:50
There is a school called Josai Kokusai Daigaku. They have a program where you can get a BA in 4 years and MA with one additional year. Most courses are held in English. You can take additional extra-curricular in Japanese if you qualify of course. Also, you have a choice of the BA you want. I believe they have three choices through this program. Furthermore, if you have a 2-year degree and they accept you to the college, they supposedly take you as a junior.

Here's a link: http://www.jiu.ac.jp/englishsite/index.html

If anyone else has any information on this school, I would appreciate hearing it, too. :)
by Aozora (guest) rate this post as useful

sophia 2011/5/28 22:46
Assuming you have a humanities background, if your grades are good, and you can make a good case for what you want to study (as opposed to be someone with a J-girl, anime fantasy existence ) your chances are quite good.
What are you looking at studying. Sophia is mostly humanities with some business.
by sophia (guest) rate this post as useful

Meiji 2011/5/28 22:54
meiji university
I'm currently studing at Meiji, don't know about other faculties but School of Business Administration has about 10 lectures in English.
by Lacen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread