Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best season 2010/10/1 00:07
Hi Forum,

now I'm planning my 3rd trip to Japan. At this time I would like to see Yakushima/Kagoshima in the south, the Japanese Alps near Nagano and Hokkaido (Ainu Awe) in the north. Which season is the most suitable:

- for using touristical bus transfer in Kirishima-NP (South) Due to the fact that commuter-buses are out of service during 'non-tourist-season'

as well

-for hiking in the Japanese Alps, without snow in the lowland

as well

-for hiking in Akan-NP on Hokkaido, without to experience degrees of frost?

Are the month April / May /June suitable to cover all of my undertakings on differnet locations? What could you recommend by your own experiences?

Furthermore I would like to know if it's possible to book a day-trip by ferry to the russian Kurile Islands?

Thanks so much folks!!
by Luebzer  

Best season 2010/10/2 11:34
Hi! Visitor.

about Kirishima-NP(exc,Yakushima) :
Please refer to follow for City-Kirishima sightseeing Information.(only Japanese web site)

http://www.kirishimacho.com/jp/kankou_kyokai/sisetu.html
http://www.city-kirishima.jp/modules/page059/index.php?id=63

According to the above information,The Kirishima-renzan tour bus that runs daily in May.
Other months and has only operated on weekends.

about Japanese Alps :Only in July,August and September, but some places the snow remains in the lowland.
about Akan-NP: Only in July and August, other months the minimum temperature will be minus all.
about Kurile : Impossible

I hope you could help.
by naniwanojoe rate this post as useful

... 2010/10/2 21:03
Thanks a lot for your informations, naniwanojoe. Today I have read some lines of the Lonely Planet guide 'Hiking in Japan' in the local bookstore. How you have already said: best season would be May, June/ July.

What's referring to the russian Kurile islands, I'm not sure in. I think to remember that I have seen a TV-documentation, where Japanese tourists have undertaken a day-trip to the Island for one day / some hours...

Nevertheless, thanks again!
by Luebzer rate this post as useful

... 2010/10/3 08:21
Akan is the limiting factor. Hiking to the peaks of Akan is usually possible from mid June through October.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/10/3 16:27
thanks Uji
by Luebzer rate this post as useful

I guess 2010/10/4 10:18
Hi! Luebzer.

How you have already said: best season would be May, June/ July.
dare I say, it depends on the purpose and location.So it's a hard question for me.
but I guess the result of your request,
about Kirishima-NP(exc,Yakushima) : May
about Japanese Alps:August
about Akan-NP:July

What's referring to the russian Kurile islands
The tour of aimed at pre-war residents only was previously possible a short period.
it is impossible in recently Japan.
I have heard that the U.S. company is planning the tour.

I hope you could help.
by naniwanojoe rate this post as useful

reply to this thread