Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Five and a half days in Kyoto 2010/10/1 23:00
Hi ladies & gentlemen, my niece & I are planning to stay in Kyoto for 5 days plus.I hope to get some suggestions on my litinerary.
Day 1 (Fri)- reach Kyoto Ryokan about 11am. I have booked a tour to Kyoto Imperial Palace at 2pm. After that about 3pm, plan to visit National Museum of Modarn Art, Municipal museum and Heian shrine. (have come across an article that one of the art museum will open till 8pm on Fri)
Day 2 (sat) will travel to Osaka.
Day 3 (sun) pottery village, Kiyomizu temple, Kodaji temple, Yasaka shrine & Gion area. (think of going to Ginkakuji temple as well, but depend on time availability)
Day 4 (Mon) Kinkuji temple, Insho-Domote museum of fine Art, Ryoanji temple, Ninnaji temple, Tenryuji temple & Arashiyanna area.
Day 5(Tue)visit Kinkakuji temple if unable to make it on day 3. Afternoon already booked a half day tour to Nara
last day (Wed) visit Toji temple & then 12pm travel to Tokyo via bullet train.

Thanks.
by orbe (guest)  

what of type should I buy 2010/10/7 10:23
anyone got suggestion about my litinerary and any suggestion on what type of pass should I buy? Thks.
by orbe (guest) rate this post as useful

for what its worth..... 2010/10/7 11:19
I love your interest in the Arts!
Days 3+4 look very busy, but doable at a fast pace: it might be pushing it to get to Ginkakuji as well, though:
The walk from Kiyomizudera to Gion is delightful, and you may be able to squeeze in Chion In and Shoren In as well: a bit further on from Maryuama Park.
Remember buses are VERY VERY slow in Kyoto due to traffic, so I would definitely consider the subway to Kitaoji and the bus from their to Kinkakuji

Good luck and enjoy!
by fmj rate this post as useful

JR west pass 2010/10/7 17:17
Thks fmj,

for day 1 and 2, I intent to buy JR West Pass, as in Osaka I will travel arround via JR line. Do you think it will pay off? what is the price range for train ticket?

hyperdia and think in yen 2010/10/7 17:45
http://www.hyperdia.com/

I'm no expert on the passes other than a JR Pass: suggest you check your trips and prices on Hyperdia and work it out from there: make sure you work it all out in Yen:
ie: know the total cost of the pass IN YEN
Add up the cost of all your trips IN YEN
and then decide of the pass will be worth it
Do you need any trips to or from Kansai? It will be worth adding that to the costs

Good luck!!
by fmj rate this post as useful

.. 2010/10/7 20:52
Thks fmj, I will only travel from Kansai Aiport to Kyoto on day 1 and day 2 to Osaka.
Any ideal of how to go Kinkuji temple by subway & bus inorder to save time?

reply to this thread