Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Difficulty of driving on opposite side of road 2010/10/2 04:12
Ifm coming to Japan in November to visit the village that my grandparents came from (over a 100 years ago). The town is Yuki northwest of Hiroshima in Saeki Ward. There is a bus from the center of Hiroshima to an onsen near Yuki. It is a 1 hour 40 minute ride to the onsen and then I will have to walk to Yuki. I am considering getting a rental car. Driving plus map distractions could be a recipe for disaster. Is driving on the other side of the road an easy adjustment?
by Wayne523  

. 2010/10/2 16:01
Until you get used to the turns at intersections. You need to know some traffic laws particular to Japan.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Difficulty of driving on left side 2010/10/2 16:23
I found it surprisingly easy, especially when there is a little traffic ahead of you. As the poster above mentioned, turning needs some concentration as you need to end up on the left side of the road again. When I rented a car in Japan I needed an International Driving License but they are easily obtained in my home country prior to leaving, do check if you need one as well.
by Hoshisato rate this post as useful

reply to this thread