Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo - Shinjuku Station Sundays 2010/10/4 01:05
Hi - I've been reading all the stories on how we should try to avoid this station during rush hour, particularly with luggage.

When is the peak hours? Will we be okay for Sunday afternoon and Tuesday evening with our bags?

Thanks!
DS
by DSosa  

... 2010/10/4 11:45
When is the peak hours?

Weekday mornings between 7:30 and 9:00 are extreme. But even during these hours you can manage to get around with luggage. More difficult is getting onto a packed train during these hours with luggage, but it depends from where to where you are traveling. Trains arriving to Shinjuku from the suburbs are generally more crowded than those departing Shinjuku. For example, I think that Chuo Line trains for Tokyo Station are not overly crowded, but Yamanote Line trains in direction of Shibuya are more crowded.

There are no rush hours on weekends!

And evenings are less concentrated and extreme than mornings, but some trains can get pretty crowded, nevertheless.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/10/4 11:58
Thanks Uji - we'll be coming in from Narita on Sunday afternoon and then on the way out Tuesday evening would be to wherever we need to catch the overnight bus to Kyoto. We don't plan to have too much luggage, but I still wanted to know what to expect.
by DSosa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread