Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Tokyo to Gifu-hashima 2010/10/4 11:27
Hi guys,

Need some help. I am going to Japan from Oct 8 - Oct 24 and will visit Osaka, Takayama, Shiragawa-go, Tokyo and Nikko. Can someone suggest a JR route for going to Gifu-hashima from Tokyo Narita airport. My original plan was to go to Nagoya, stay one night and then leave for Takayama. However, since all hotels in Nagoya are fully booked due to the F1 grand Prix in Suzuka so I have no choice but to stay in hashima for one night before leaving for Takayama in the next morning.

Thanks

John
by John (guest)  

... 2010/10/4 12:38
I have no choice but to stay in hashima for one night before leaving for Takayama in the next morning.

Where do you get that idea from? Why Gifu-Hashima? Is central Gifu booked out too?

As for your question, you can get to Gifu-Hashima conveniently by Narita Express and Tokaido Shinkansen from Narita Airport via Tokyo (transfer at Shinagawa or Tokyo Station), but going from Gifu-Hashima to Takayama is not very convenient. If possible, I would recommend to stay in central Gifu or somewhere else along the route between Tokyo and Takayama, instead.
by Uji rate this post as useful

From Tokyo to Gifu-Hashima 2010/10/4 23:17
I did a search and pretty much all the hotels were booked. I wanted to get something in Nagoya (reasonable price) but nothing. I even tried the town next to Nagoya (forgot the name but has a JR station) and there were no hotels there too.

what I plan to do now is take the train from Hashima to Nagoya and then to Takayama...
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread