Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ginza and Asakusa Station 2010/10/4 22:34
Dear Friends...
Need some help about:
~Is Ginza station for Tokyo Metro Ginza Line connected with Ginza station for Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line?

~Is Asakusa station for Toei Asakusa Line connected with Asakusa station for Tokyo Metro Ginza Line?

Many Thanks...
by elhastuti  

. 2010/10/5 10:48
For Ginza Station, both are Tokyo Metro and you do not need to leave the gates, just follow the signs.

For Asakusa Station, it is a bit tricker, you have to LEAVE the Tokyo Metro side from certain exits, follow the signs to the Toei Station, and re-enter the Toei Side.

Yes they are connected but only at certain exits.

Why do you ask about Asakusa Station? If you need to change from the Toei Line to the Tokyo Metro line, transferring at Asakusa Station is not what I would usually advise.

by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

asakusa station 2010/10/5 12:53
Thanks Express Train...
I ask about Asakusa Station,because:
~I will go to Asakusa temple from Shimbashi,I just wondering to take asakusa line (with 8 stop over) or take the ginza line (longer with 11 stop over) but closer to Asakusa temple.

Many thanks...
by elhastuti rate this post as useful

. 2010/10/5 14:39
I would take the Ginza line because it is cheaper then the Toei Line.

Tokyo Metro lines generally are cheaper then Toei lines.

Shimbashi - Asakusa on the Ginza Line (Tokyo metro) 190 yen

Shimbashi - Asakusa on the Asakusa Line (toei train) 210 yen

Time difference is 5 minutes travel time. also while the stations are in the same general area, I think the walk from Shimbashi/Toei line is just a tad longer then it would be to walk from the Ginza Line station, so in the end it offsets.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/10/5 14:49
Thanks Express Train..
I will take the Ginza line then...^^
by elhastuti rate this post as useful

.. 2010/10/6 09:12
I agree. Take the Ginza Line. If you're going to Sensoji, go out of Exit 1 and go straight. You'll see the Kaminarimon on your right.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread