Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mailing COE and Visa applications 2010/10/8 01:36
Hi. I am currently in the process of getting a job with an eikaiwa in Japan (I've been hired, but not going for several months yet). My application for the certificate of eligibility is currently being processed.

My question is about the point when I go to change my CoE into an actual visa. Online and in all the instructions they say ''take the CoE to your nearest consulate''. I don't live anywhere near any of them, though. While I want to go to Japan badly enough that I would certainly travel, I don't really want to if I don't have to. Is the CoE/Visa application something that can be sent to a consulate or embassy by mail, or does it indeed have to be submitted in person?
by Francis M. (guest)  

It depends... 2010/10/8 16:06
Fransis:
It depends on the consulate near you. I suggest checking the homepage of your nearest consulate where you can get information on visa procudures.
by Sohel (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/10/10 01:25
Depends on the consulate/embassy in your country, check with them.

In the US, you can Federal Express (or courier service) it (with your passport and COE).

You then have to pay for the return postage, which they usually recommend FedEx airbill, I would not recommend regular mail for the return postage.

Thats for most US consulates/Embassy, it might be different in your home country. Again contact the nearest consulate near you.

by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread