Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sensoji Update? 2010/11/1 14:39
Anyone have any precise information on when the Sensoji renovation will be complete? All I've found thus far is "November" and I'll be in Tokyo at the end of November, arriving on Nov. 24th. Is it complete? Any exact reopening date available? I don't read enough Japanese to be able to get it off of the official website, and Googling didn't really get me very far other than cited references to "done in November 2010."
by Aaron (guest)  

... 2010/11/1 18:38
To begin with, the temple was never closed! The main building was wrapped in scaffolding, but it was always open and did not affect the visit much.

When I last visited in late July, they already started to dismantle the scaffolding. So I assume that it has completely gone by now.

The official end of the renovation is end of November.

But then again: the works never had a big impact on the visit to begin with. It is rather unlikely that they have one now in the last days of the process.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Renovation? 2010/11/1 21:05
Was it renovated? Didn't notice any scaffolding when I was there in late September.

My family and I enjoyed visitng the temple during the day and viewing the temple's illumination at night too.

I posted about it at : http://urutoranohihi.blogspot.com/2010/10/day-6-in-japan-senso-jis-ill...
by lina219 rate this post as useful

hey 2010/11/2 01:27
i was there in early october and the scaffolding was pretty much down, and was only at the back of the temple, you cant see it, you probably wouldnt even notice it if you weren't away work was goin on. to be honest though there was so little scafolding there when i was there i assume it will all be gone now.

Kev
by Beaumont rate this post as useful

Looks very nice 2010/11/3 20:00
We visited Sensoji three days ago.
From the front and the side it looks very much complete and very nice, also at night when itfs illuminated. Some scaffolding at the back side is still there. You will see it when examing closer. But usually you wouldnft even notice.
by gh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread