Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accommodation in Nara 2010/11/2 10:08
Hi all, I'm looking for some suggestions for nice places to stay in Nara. I've never stayed in a ryokan, so that's my preference but I'm open to other options. Will be arriving by train so someplace relatively easy to get to would also be a plus. What do you all think?
by Ksophia  

... 2010/11/2 10:13
The Nara Hotel is something special, although I was disappointed by the unremarkable service when I stayed there last year:
http://www.japanican.com/hotels/shisetsudetail.aspx?st=6269019&ref=EXJ...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Nara hotels/ryokan 2010/11/2 10:46
Thanks Uji. I'm having trouble finding a place to stay during the week of Nov. 22. Do you think I could stay in Osaka or Kyoto? I may not have a choice...
by Ksophia rate this post as useful

Shikitei, Ryokan Matsumae, Seikanso... 2010/11/2 23:00
Anyone ever stayed at any of these places? What about Asukaso or Kikusuiro, also in Nara?

I stayed at Asukaso 2010/11/3 06:05
yeah, very nice though we didnt have the dinner package. The hotel itself is nothing special to look at, but it is handy to town and the park, there are restaurants just down the road. The rooms were very nice (be careful, there are some dodgy ones) and the staff were good, though back then (March 08) they didnt speak a lot of english, we had a booking stuff up and it was a major drama, essentially we had nowhere to stay the second night and the staff would have preferred not to get involved in sorting it out coz of the language issues. We ended up having to stay at a little old place right next to the pond (across from the pogoda) for the second night, I had more fun there even though it was REALLY dated, the owners looked to be 90 not out, they spoke zero english, the bathrooms couldnt have been more than a metre square (I think we had the only rooms with bathrooms). That was like 10000 yen per person per night, with breakfast thrown in, though fish at breakfast is about the only thing I cant cop in Japan.
by Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Review appreciated 2010/11/4 00:21
Thanks for the review Pious. Hope I don't have that kinda drama with a reservation!

reply to this thread