Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Round Course and day onsen 2010/11/2 11:46
I will like to do the Hakone round course in one day trip and day onsen too. I will leave early in the morning from Shinjuku to Hakone. My questions are:

1) Which direction should I travel for my case since I will like to go for the day onsen too? Hakone-Yumoto to Gora direction or the opposite?

2) Should I complete the round course first, then go for the day onsen? Or halfway through the round course, and go for day onsen? I am unsure if there is any recommended day onsen along the course as I read most are near Hakone-Yumoto.

3) What are the highly recommended day onsen?

Many Thanks!
by javer (guest)  

... 2010/11/2 22:36
Which direction should I travel for my case since I will like to go for the day onsen too? Hakone-Yumoto to Gora direction or the opposite?

It does not matter. Onsen are spread all over Hakone:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5209.html

Should I complete the round course first, then go for the day onsen?

I think it is personal preference.

What are the highly recommended day onsen?

I haven't been to a really great one in Hakone yet. But there are many nice ones. Among the nice ones, I like the Tenzan the best, but it can be pretty busy, especially on weekends.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread