Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accomodation ideas for 4 nights in Tokyo 2010/11/3 15:49
Hi all, I have 4 nights in tokyo 9-13March and would be interested in knowing where to stay. My budgt is max 16,000yen pref less, but location is more imporatnt then what the hotel has to offer.

Dont really know what to do so have no idea where to stay. First time to japan so its all new to me..
by kaos123  

. 2010/11/3 17:05
This budget is for a single, double or twin room? You say location is important but don't say what type of location you are looking for. Are you looking for a quite area, an area with nightlife or shopping?
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2010/11/3 17:37
Its for my wife and I, therefore pref double but two single beds is ok. Its the first time to japan so probaly closer to the main sights etc I guess. Restaurants not that important..We'll be out sightseening all day and evening so just need a clean bed and rest on out return..
by kaos123 rate this post as useful

Here are a few suggestions 2010/11/3 18:10
Hi.

I have a few suggestions for you.

First, try the Citadines in Shinjuku.

Citadine is a French apart-hotel chain, and this property, although the apartments aren't large, they are well laid out and inexpensive, and you get a small kitchenette as well as a living area and bedroom area.

The property only opened about a year or year and a half ago, so it is quite new, and is inexpensive.

Shinjuku is a good area for tourism, because it is near good train lines and is an interesting place in itself.

Another suggestion would be to have a look at the Hotel Villa Fontain chain. They have about 16 hotels in Tokyo and they are generally 3 star, so not too expensive, but the rooms tend to be nice-ish and reasonable size.

You really can't go very wrong no matter what area you stay in, in Tokyo, as long as you are near at least one train line.

Some of what I would consider the best areas for a first time tourist would be:

Shinjuku
Shibuya
Ginza
Roppongi

But there are plenty of others too.

Good luck and hav a great time. Tokyo is a fun place.
by tequilatamm rate this post as useful

. 2010/11/3 18:13
The "main sites" are spread out across Tokyo, a lot can be accessed via the JR Yamonte loop line.

Take a look at Toyoko Inn, double or twin for less than 10,000 Yen:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/index.html

I personally like to stay at the Korakuen and Otsuka-eki Kita-guchi no 2 hotels. Otsuka is one stop east of Ikebukuro on the Yamonte line, but a lot less busy and with much more of a neighbourhood feel.

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00139/index.html

The Korakuen location is located near the Tokyo Dome, is serviced by no less than 4 subway lines and has many places nearby to eat. There is a JR station about 15 minutes walk away, south of Tokyo Dome.

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00081/index.html

Toyoko Inn also have hotels in the Shinjuku and Ikebukuro areas if you want a busier neigbourhood and don't mind crowds.

Thankyou --Hotel Niwa Tokyo in Chiyoda? 2010/11/3 18:37
Again thankyou for your advice. Whilst searching the net I stumbled arcross the Hotel Niwa Tokyo in Chiyoda. Four nights at 50,934yen. It looks nice also and is near the Dome..Have you heard of it..

Hotel Niwa 2010/11/3 19:18
I have no personal experience of hotel Niwa, but it gets excellent reviews on Tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1066443-d1475716-Reviews-Hote...

Seems to be a great hotel!
by Sarah (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/11/3 19:22
Hotel Niwa Tokyo is very new, if you look on Google Streetview you will see it as just a contsruction site. It does look like a nice hotel and the price is reasonable, my only problems with it would be transportation and the area. One subway stop nearby, but it is the smaller (4 lines) Toei subway, which could work out expensive when you have to transfer to Tokyo Metro lines. You are also near the JR station, but this is the less useful crosstown Chuo line. As for the area, it looks a little boring (check out Google Streetview) and I personally like to have a supermarket or two nearby, not just a C-store.

.. 2010/11/3 19:30
Google street view is a great idea..It does look like a business area..Hmmmm now Im not sure...

. 2010/11/3 20:58
I just checked the location again and noticed there is a combined Metro/Toei subway stop (Jinbocho) south of the Hotel Niwa Tokyo, it is 750m/10 minutes walk away. There also seems to be a lot more shops if you head in that direction and there is a supermarket by the A6 exit of the subway.

As you said earlier, you just want a clean hotel to sleep and that the little time you will spend there will be for sleeping, but if you want something more upmarket from Toyoko Inn and a bit more spacious, especilly if you go for something other than the standard room, I feel the Niwa would be a good choice.

thank you 2010/11/3 21:09
Thanks Robbeer, much appreciated..Its not as easy as I thought..Ive been looking at Shinjuku Prince Hote. Thats seems a good location also,I think...

. 2010/11/3 21:57
My only problem with staying somewhere like Shinjuku are the crowds, Shinjuku is the busiest station in the world, used by an average of 3.64 million people per day in 2007. There are also over 200 exits from the station:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinjuku_Station

That is why I prefer staying at somewhere like Otsuka. Here is a Streetview looking towards the Toyoko Inn Otsuka #2 location from the one way shopping street:

http://tinyurl.com/39s6vua

Otsuka station handles about 50-60,000 people a day.

reply to this thread