Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Airport limousine and metro pass 2010/11/3 21:49
I understand there is a 2-way airport limousine which comes with a free 2-day metro pass and costs 6,000yen.

I'm keen to purchase this but not sure if I can use it the following ways :

1) upon arrival on 6 Dec at Narita airport, take the limousine to Shinagawa hotel.
2) activate the 2-day metro pass and used for 6 & 7 Dec.
3) take the airport limousine from Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay hotel at Disneyland to Narita airport on 16 Dec.

If the above can be done, I'll have much more flexibility together with my 7-day JR pass :
Anyone knows if this can be done?

by Niebrown  

. 2010/11/4 18:22
1) upon arrival on 6 Dec at Narita airport, take the limousine to Shinagawa hotel.

2) activate the 2-day metro pass and used for 6 & 7 Dec.

The Metro pass is going to be next to useless if you are staying near Shinagawa station. The nearest Metro stop is about 1.4 miles away.

3) take the airport limousine from
Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay hotel at Disneyland to Narita airport on 16 Dec.

I would look at getting the N'EX + Suica roundtrip ticket:

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/nex/suica_nex.html

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html

The N'EX part of the ticket will get you from the airport to Shinagawa (many N'EX trains go direct to Shinagawa) and will get you from Maihama station (the nearest to the hotel) to the airport. There is a free shuttle bus to/from the Sheraton and Maihama station.

The Suica will give you access to virtually all transport you'll need to get around Tokyo, not just Metro. Yo will probably not need to spend more than 750 Yen a day on transportation unless you are flying around town like a maniac, so it should get you thru the 2 days.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

JR Pass with Suica Pass 2010/11/5 13:36
Hi RobBeer,

Thanks for your suggestion but I'm a little confused and hope you can clarify my doubts.

1) I've bought my JR pass yesterday. Does it mean I can use the Narita Express (round trip) without extra cost?

2) Prior reservation (both ways) is a must for Narita Express? Am I right?

3) I can buy the Suica pass for 2,000yen (of which 500 yen is a refundable deposit). I can use it as and when for any mean of transport and get the balance refunded at any JR station, am I right?

4) Do you think I should use airport limousine for return trip from Sheraton to Narita? The reason is because my flight is at 11.30am. If I used the Narita Express, I'll probably hit the peak hour at Maihama/Tokyo station (not forgetting I'll have all my luggage with me). Please advise.

5) How's the traffic condition like between 7-8am on weekday (Thursday) in the direct from Sheraton to Narita using airport limousine?

Thanks a lot, you have been very helpful :)
by Niebrown rate this post as useful

. 2010/11/5 17:15
1) I've bought my JR pass yesterday. Does it mean I can use the Narita Express (round trip) without extra cost?

You could use the JR Rail Pass on the Nartita Express but, based on your previous posts, you plan to use the 7 Day pass on December 13th to go from Gotemba to Shinagawa (although, as you at the Sheraton, this would be to Maihama). This would mean activating the pass on December 7th, as you arriving Narita on the 6th you would not be able to use the pass on the N'EX.

2) Prior reservation (both ways) is a must for Narita Express? Am I right?

Reservation is required, but you can do this at the station when you arrive to catch the train.

3) I can buy the Suica pass for 2,000yen (of which 500 yen is a refundable deposit). I can use it as and when for any mean of transport and get the balance refunded at any JR station, am I right?

Suica can be used for virtually all transportation in the Tokyo area and on JR trains in certain other areas of Japan, but not on subways, private railways or buses. You can get the balance and deposit refunded, but there is a handling charge of 210 Yen.

4) Do you think I should use airport limousine for return trip from Sheraton to Narita? The reason is because my flight is at 11.30am. If I used the Narita Express, I'll probably hit the peak hour at Maihama/Tokyo station (not forgetting I'll have all my luggage with me). Please advise.

I think this might be a good idea, the connecting walk at Tokyo station when coming from Maihama is very long and at the sort of time you will be there will be very busy.

5) How's the traffic condition like between 7-8am on weekday (Thursday) in the direct from Sheraton to Narita using airport limousine?

You should be OK as you will be going out of Tokyo against morning rush hour traffic.

I think your best option is to exchange your JR Rail Pass voucher at Narita and activate it from December 7th and at the same time get the N'EX + Suica one way to Shinagawa. Use the Suica on December 6/7th and also use your JR Rail Pass for any JR travel within Tokyo on the 7th. Try to go to places that are not served by JR on the 6th and that are served by JR on the 7th.

From 8th thru 13th you'll not have need for the Suica for travel as you will have your rail pass. Nor will you need it for travel 14-16th because, I assume you will be spending your time at Disney.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Great suggestions! 2010/11/6 00:55
Hi RobBeer,

Your plan is pefect! Thank you very much. You're my saviour:)
by Niebrown rate this post as useful

reply to this thread