Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Free Pass 2010/11/5 15:56
1) If I have the Hakone free pass, how much do I have to top up in order to take the Odakyu Highway bus from Gotemba Station to Shinjuku?

2) How's the usual traffic condition from Gotemba to Shinjuku by Odakyu Highway bus between 5 to 6 pm on a weekday?

3) I understand there is this direct train (Odakyu Asagiri Romance Car) from Shinjuku Stn. to Gotemba Stn. Is this train available for return trip i.e. Gotemba to Shinjuku? If so, how much does it cost (with and without Hakone Free pass)?

by Niebrown  

... 2010/11/6 16:17
If I have the Hakone free pass, how much do I have to top up in order to take the Odakyu Highway bus from Gotemba Station to Shinjuku?

850 yen instead of the regular 1540 yen.

I understand there is this direct train (Odakyu Asagiri Romance Car) from Shinjuku Stn. to Gotemba Stn. Is this train available for return trip i.e. Gotemba to Shinjuku?

Yes, there are departures from Gotemba Station in the afternoon at 15:55 and 17:56.

If so, how much does it cost (with and without Hakone Free pass)?

Around 2720 yen. There is no discount for Hakone Free Pass holders.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Purchase of Hakone Free pass 2010/11/9 20:58
Thanks, Uji.

I want to buy the 3-day Hakone free pass without the round trip portion. Can I buy it from Shinjuku instead of Odawara? Reason is I need to arrive Hakone Yumoto before 12noon in order to send my luggage via the baggage service. So, I want to save the time by buying the pass at Shinjuku. I'm afraid of large crowd at Odawara as it is Sat (11Dec) and the queue to buy the pass may be long. Is it possible to buy at Shinjuku?

by Niebrown rate this post as useful

... 2010/11/10 08:27
I want to buy the 3-day Hakone free pass without the round trip portion. Can I buy it from Shinjuku instead of Odawara?

I don't think so, but I am not sure. At the vending machines at Shinjuku Station only the pass from Shinjuku is being sold. But maybe it is possible to buy a pass from Odawara at the manned ticket counter. You can try it.

I'm afraid of large crowd at Odawara as it is Sat (11Dec) and the queue to buy the pass may be long.

The pass is sold at the many vending machines in the station. Waiting time will not be an issue. Nevertheless, you might lose a few minutes of time by buying the pass at Odawara.

Another option would be to buy the pass at Hakone-Yumoto Station. You would be paying for the part Odawara to Hakone-Yumoto, though.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread