Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Quickest round trip Fukuoka-Kochi 2010/11/5 22:04
I need to go to Kochi from Fukuoka airport say, starting between 930 am and 1030 am. Later, from Kochi, can I get a late evening or night train back to Fukuoka? What are the possibilities (schedules) and fare (round - trip)?
by Saji Salk (guest)  

... 2010/11/6 16:38
JAL operates three flights per day between the two cities. Flight time is 45 minutes. The regular one way fare is around 24,000 yen.

There is also an overnight bus between Fukuoka and Kochi:
http://www.nishitetsu.co.jp/bus/highway/gb/guide/harimaya.htm

By train, the one way trip takes about 5 hours.
by Uji rate this post as useful

kochi 2010/11/7 01:57
I have been both to Fukuoka and Kochi. The distance is quite far. You may want to take an overnight train to save some time. Kochi is beautiful! I only stayed for a few hours, the city is quite small and windy like Hawaii. From JR stn, you can walk to the marketplace to have katsuo no tataki. You have to take the bus to visit the beach.

The tourist center at the JR stn is quite friendly and courteous. They speak English. I went there 2 years ago and it was newly renovated.
by hello (guest) rate this post as useful

plane 2010/11/7 01:58
plane is fastest at 45 mins. depending on your schedule.
by hello (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/11/7 08:32
There is no overnight train!
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread