Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR East pass special 2010/11/7 14:10
1) May I know in order to use 2 JR east pass special for 6 days (3 days for 1st pass, the next 3 days for 2nd pass) , I must purchase the 2 passes outside Japan ?
Can I purchase 4 in one go, 2 for myself and 2 for my husband?

2) I will be travelling to Nikko, does the JR east pass special allow me to travel via Tohoku Shinkansen or Tobu Nikko Line Express? If yes, which option is better.

Thanks. W2

by W2 (guest)  

... 2010/11/7 18:18
May I know in order to use 2 JR east pass special for 6 days (3 days for 1st pass, the next 3 days for 2nd pass) , I must purchase the 2 passes outside Japan ?

Yes! There is a limit of one purchase per person if you buy it inside of Japan. Hence, if you want to use two per person, you would have to purchase from outside of Japan.

I will be travelling to Nikko, does the JR east pass special allow me to travel via Tohoku Shinkansen or Tobu Nikko Line Express?

The JR East Pass is valid on the Tohoku Shinkansen and on the JR/Tobu direct limited express trains from Shinjuku. But it is not valid on and other Tobu trains to Nikko.

If yes, which option is better.

The shinkansen is generally the fastest and best option. Only if you stay in Shinjuku, then the direct limited express is more comfortable (if the timing of the departure is right - note there are not so many departures).
by Uji rate this post as useful

JR East Pass 2010/11/8 21:23
What I did during my vacation in Sep was, I buy a 3 day JR East Special Pass and use it within the 10 days stipulated time, and by the time I need to use another, I went ahead to buy another pass. Luckily, I was able to purchase the second pass w/o much trouble and got to enjoy 6 days' pass for onlty 20,000yen. :)
by lina219 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread