Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Re-entering Japan as a tourist 2010/11/8 22:09
Hi there!

My best friend is studying in Japan at the moment. I'm planning on visiting her in January (I'm from the UK). However, my younger sister wants to come but doesn't have time off school in January and, therefore, I was planning on visiting in January and then again some time in spring.

I know a tourist's visa would allow me to stay for up to 90 days. However, I can't seem to find out whether I'd be allowed back into the country in spring, after having already been there in January. Are re-entry permits only for people living or working in Japan?

Sorry if I'm asking a really stupid and obvious question! I'd just like to clear this up before I go ahead and make any real plans :)

Thanks in advance,
Denize
by Denize  

... 2010/11/9 08:21
As long as you are not actually staying in Japan for more than 180 days within a single year, you are very unlikely to encounter any problems entering Japan multiple times per year for short tourist stays. To the opposite: Japan is eager to have more tourists coming to Japan.

No re-entry permit is needed/possible.

I am assuming you have a UK passport.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread