Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Things to do in Kyoto in late dec./early jan 2010/11/9 02:29
Hi guys,

Me and my gf will be visiting Kyoto for 3 or 4 nights from Dec. 30 till Jan. 2. I was wondering if there are any special activities around or on New Years Eve in Kyoto. Especially in the evening of 31 december I am looking for some nice place to go. It can be anything.

Also, I was wondering if Arashiyama is any good at this time of the year? I guess there will be no boat tours etc. in winter.

If anyone got some tips I will be glad to hear about it.

Greetings,
Dutchman
by Dutchman (guest)  

... 2010/11/9 10:26
Me and my gf will be visiting Kyoto for 3 or 4 nights from Dec. 30 till Jan. 2. I was wondering if there are any special activities around or on New Years Eve in Kyoto. Especially in the evening of 31 december I am looking for some nice place to go.

The classic thing to do is to go to a temple at midnight:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2276.html

Also, I was wondering if Arashiyama is any good at this time of the year?

Yes, it is good around the year.

I guess there will be no boat tours etc. in winter.

Boat tours are not offered over the New Year holidays (December 29 to January 4). And the Sagano train does not run from December 30. But all the other attractions are available.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread