Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Free Wifi in Tokyo 2010/11/9 03:02
Tried to search the forum for this question, but also want to get the latest info by asking it again. Is there a lot of free wifi available in Tokyo? I only need it to check google maps in my iphone in case i get lost. Thanks!
by e90_m3 (guest)  

.. 2010/11/9 09:58
No free wifi is not that easy to find because 99% of Japanese cell phones are connected to internet. But there are some free spots:

http://www.freespot.com/users/map-e/map_tokyo.html
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Getting lost 2010/11/9 14:59
I found a couple of wi-fi spots in Akihabara (didn't check anywhere else for wi-fi), but with a very low signal strength.

As for getting lost, I found that as long as I kept 'track' of which direction the train tracks were in, I could have a good idea of where the station I got off at was. Worst case scenario, I'd wander until I found another train station (Japan has a lot!). Then I'd use a metro application that doesn't require wi-fi on my iPod Touch (or just read the fare map posted in the station, depending on your Japanese ability or that particular station's english-friendliness) and get a train from there back to somewhere I knew.
by Erin (guest) rate this post as useful

tourist or resident? 2010/11/9 15:10
is your iphone purchased in japan? starbucks and macdonalds have free wifi for softbank iphone users
by gilesdesign (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread