Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dinking cheap in Shibuya 2010/11/20 19:30
i found out that drinking in Tokyo is quite expensive. For example, a glass of beer (dunno the quantity) costs an average of 400 Yen, wich is quite expensive i think (i'm from europe and here in Italy, Spain, France etc cost 2€ wich is 200yen) and the same for cocktails,an average of 500 yen wich look too small also (looking on izakaya's/bar website). is there any cheap place to drink in shibuya? i mean, i don't think young people in tokyo can afford a so expensive cost of drinking, right?
and another question: i know that izakaya apply an average of 300yen as seat charge, wich include a little plate of something, but do all izakaya do this? and if i whent there only to drink and not to eat, can i refuse that plate and not have to pay that price? if yes, how can i say it in japanese?
by japan student (guest)  

. 2010/11/21 09:59
There are lots of "standing bars" in Shibuya. Drinks are usually 300 yen.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/11/21 10:10
*300yen as seat charge, wich include a little plate of something
Its called ''Otooshi'', many of izakaya serve this.
If you want to refuse it, say ''Otooshi ha irimasen, nomitai dake nanode''(I don't need otooshi. I want to just drink.)
But all izakaya may not accept your request. because some izakaya treat otooshi as their table charge.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

look harder 2010/11/21 14:38
watami beer is only 300-350yen
same with warawara

both bars have 2hour nomihoudai/all you can drink weekdays for around 1200-1500yen

there are several bars around tokyo that have beer starting from 50yen to 160yen a glass.. be careful, easy to drink too much
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2010/11/21 15:07
I don't know where you guys are from, but nobody in Japan goes to an izakaya just to drink. It's like going to a steak house and ordering just a glass of wine. It's just not done that way. Most of izakayas serve otoshi and I've never seen anyone refusing it in my 30+ years frequenting izakayas.

If you just want to drink, go to a bar or buy booze at conbini and drink it in your room.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

tourists 2010/11/22 01:00
i know a lot of BARS where you can sit down and order drinks for about 318yen... like redbull vodka, beer, awamori tropical, shouchu drinks, pretty much everything is 318yen (i think it was 318yen... never left the bar sober before).
by zuoteng rate this post as useful

tourists 2010/11/22 01:01
forgot to add... its in shibuya.

there is many cheap places to drink in shibuya that locals know ;)
by zuoteng rate this post as useful

.. 2010/11/22 18:45
go to ginza instead!

food, drinks, 300 yen.

300 bar.

http://www.300bar.com/english/

by Reina Jess rate this post as useful

reply to this thread