Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

stroller for mount takao 2010/11/21 08:59
Hi. I am unclear what the Mount Takao experience will be, since there aren't too many pictures. I was planning to go there next week, mainly to look at autumn leaves, but will be travelling w/ a baby/stroller. Are the roads paved, with not too many stairs, that I can use the stroller with no problem, or I should not take the trip? I am already planning to check out the other popular autumn leaves spots so just not sure about this one. Thanks
by e90_m3 (guest)  

... 2010/11/21 12:15
You can take the cable car halfway up the mountain, then the path up (hiking trail No. 1) seems to be paved up until Yakuoin Temple. From there, there are some stairs, so you could take the unpaved path up.

I just checked the FAQ section here, and there is some explanation for people wishing to go up in wheelchair.
(Please scroll down almost to the bottom of the page - Q5 under "hiking trail" section.)
http://www.takaotozan.co.jp/takaotozan_eng1/question/index.htm
by AK rate this post as useful

A child carrier(backpack) is much better 2010/11/21 13:04
There are slopes and stairs in Mount Takao.
And it is always crowded.
A child carrier(backpack) is much better than a stroller to take a little child there.

There are other autumn leaves spots in Tokyo. For example:
http://www.showakinenpark.go.jp/2010kouyou/kouyou.html

by Japanboy (guest) rate this post as useful

not to the summit 2010/11/21 20:48
As above, after the cable car station, there are some very long flights of steps, with the alternative of a very steep unpaved slope in some places. You would be okay with the stroller up the the cable car station area, but after that it is a hike and not at all stroller-friendly. Plenty of people only go that far though.

Also as above, expect crowds during the autumn leaves season.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread