Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido summer itinerary 2010/12/1 15:53
Hi,

Am heading off to Japan for the summer next year and have just finished putting my thoughts together about the trip. This would be my 4th trip to Japan and while I have been to Hokkaido before, the last trip was in Winter: Sapporo, Nesiko and Hokodate.

This trip is more about hiking and taking it slow. Thinking a bit of fishing, hiking and biking around.

I will only be using public transport to get around.

1 Tokyo
2 Disney
3 - 6 Furano (fly into Asahikawa)
7 - 10 Asahidake Onsen
11 Wakkanai (train limited express from Asahikawa)
12 - 14 Rebun
15 - 18 Tokyo (direct flight from Wakkanai to Tokyo)
19 Mt Fuji hut
20 - 22 Lake Kawaguchiko

Please let me know your thoughts, while I am pretty confident in this itinerary, I would just like to know if I have missed any major considerations.

Thanks!
by lanib2  

... 2010/12/2 09:50
Four days for Asahikawa Onsen is too long. Four days for Daisetsuzan National Park (including other places besides Asahidake Onsen) sounds nice, but don't spend your entiretime around Asahidake Onsen only. There isn't that much to do.

Apart from that it looks like a very nice itinerary.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/12/3 11:23
I have been doing some more research and found that the Tokachidake onsen is supposed to have good day walking and would be close by on my itinerary.

Was thinking of breaking it down a little bit like:

1 Tokyo
2 Disney
3 - 6 Furano (fly into Asahikawa)
7 - 8 Tokachidake onsen
9 - 10 Asahidake Onsen
11 Wakkanai (train limited express from Asahikawa)
12 - 14 Rebun
15 - 18 Tokyo (direct flight from Wakkanai to Tokyo)
19 Mt Fuji hut
20 - 22 Lake Kawaguchiko
by lanib2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread