Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamikochi National Park Opening Period 2010/12/10 13:57
Hello all,

We intend to go to Kamikochi (a surprising beautiful sidetrack nearby from our main Takayama destination) end of March next year.

To our horror, we just realized that it seemed the park is only open from 22nd or 23rd April onwards.

Does anyone know whether there is any possibility at all to still go for a day trip to this breathtaking national park..?
If it is, are there any safety risks? (i.e. snowstorm, etc?)

I understand it's going to be still winter, albeit nearing the end, so warmer clothing will be essential.

Thank you..=-)

by croinkster  

... 2010/12/10 17:50
I have heard it is possible to walk from the road into Kamikochi, although my hiking map does not show such a trail. It looks like it is about 10 kilometers to the Kappa Bridge.

Inside Kamikochi nothing will be open, not even the camp grounds. There is an obvious risk of Kamikochi being covered in snow in March.

A visit is certainly not recommended to anybody except well prepared and well equipped adventurers.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread