Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Limited time in Gujo Hachiman 2010/12/18 14:35
Plan on 3 hrs actual sightseeing time in Gujo, would like to walk along a canal street like Igawa komichi or "Small canal street" as my wife is mainly interested to see the 3 tiered washing or misu fune??, then visit the historic town but not to spend too much time as have been to similar places elsewhere, which part is best for a 30 mins browse ? Then walk or drive along the Yoshida river to round off the time. Not planning on the castle as visited other Japanese castles elsewhere. My question : are the caves in and around Gujo anything special and if so we will budget more time to visit one which means a more hectic drive to our next destination, by the way we are driving.
Any advice on a Hida beef BBQ restaurant in Gujo (need tel no. for GPS) ?
by Ben (guest)  

Wax Sample 2010/12/19 14:51
Gujo is known for wax food samples. You can take a lesson on how they make the wax foods that are on display in restaurants throughout Japan or go shopping for wax food samples. They have a variety of things for sale.

You might be able to find some izakaya that serves hida beef. Gujo is known for clean water, which they say makes the soba noodles take good. They have a lot of noodle shops there.
by MikeTI rate this post as useful

... 2010/12/19 16:46
Only one cave is constantly open. Others have limited opening hours. I have just been to the open one, and it is interesting but not great. If you only have limited time, I think you should skip it.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you both 2010/12/19 20:22
....Now can plan our time in Gujo better.
by Ben (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread