Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yufuin to Oita Airport Direct Bus 2010/12/21 13:17
I found an OitaKotsu Co. bus that goes direct from Yufuin to Oita Airport - trip takes 55 minutes. Here is a link in Japanese:
http://www.oitakotsu.co.jp/timetable/airliner2/

I cannot figure out if this bus is covered by the SunQ pass or not - on their route map it is gray-colored which is the designation for 'other routes' - not sure what that means.

It is much quicker than going through Beppu by bus or taking trains....

Any ideas?
Thanks!
by Maranyc  

... 2010/12/21 18:37
on their route map it is gray-colored which is the designation for 'other routes' - not sure what that means.

It means that it is another route (i.e. one that does not serve a major city), which is covered by the pass.

It is much quicker than going through Beppu by bus or taking trains....

Yes, it is the best and quickest way to get from Yufuin to Oita Airport.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Yufuin followup 2010/12/22 01:21
Uji or anyone else - If you are familiar with Yufuin - is it worth a two night stay - I would be arriving late in the afternoon after taking the bus from Kumamoto that stops overs at Mt. Aso for an hour or so - leaving me little time to see Yufuin. Then if I leave early the next morning for the airport to return to Tokyo, I would have almost no time in the town.
Can I entertain myself there for a full day?
Thanks!
PS This is my only ryokan stay of my trip...so I want a little relaxation....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Yufuin 2010/12/22 04:11
We spent just 1 night in Yufuin. Arriving around noon we had lunch and walked the touristy street “’‚̒؉¡’š before retiring to our ryokan to enjoy our onsen. The next morning we got up early to go to Kinrin-ko leaving Yufuin around 10.30.

How much time to spend on “’‚̒؉¡’š depends on individuals. A quick walk through can be as short as 30 min, but to explore in details the various interesting stores can take up to 3-4 hrs.

But the most rewarding part IMO is to be there early in the morning. Kinrin-ko is best visited during dawn to see the rising mist on the water. Another thing is that you have to line up early in the morning to get into the famous B-Speak shop for its extremely popular cake.

With extra time, you can go for a popular free-ranch chicken meal, take a ride on a horse-drawn carriage or a ricksaw, and also enjoy a foot bath on the train platform in the rail station.
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread