Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone circuit in reverse 2010/12/27 15:06
I would like to do the outdoor art gallery but only if there is time without cutting the rest of the trip short, we'll be coming up and returning to Tokyo in February so the days are quite short. So I was thinking maybe do the circuit in reverse so the art gallery is at the end of the day and we can decide if there is time or not.

I believe it would be possible to do this but is it more confusing, for example is the bus less often or hard to know where to get off as it is not the usual direction? Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on doing things this way around - does it disadvantage any of the journey, views etc?
by Toni (guest)  

... 2010/12/27 16:54
I believe it would be possible to do this but is it more confusing, for example is the bus less often or hard to know where to get off as it is not the usual direction?

No, it is not more confusing, there are equally many buses and it is equally easy/hard to know when to get off.

Counter-clockwise seems to be more common, but many people also do it clockwise.
by Uji rate this post as useful

no problem 2010/12/28 00:33
We did the reverse route a couple of years ago, and it worked out fine. There was some fog when we arrived at Hakone Machi, but we went to see a beautiful azalea garden and it had cleared up by the time we took the boat.
by koniero rate this post as useful

reply to this thread